Quality training is at the heart of our service
At Nurseline, we ensure that our nurses and support workers meet the highest qualification criteria for current practices, and are committed to their ongoing training and development.
As part of this commitment, we operate a formal induction and training programme as well as specialist training relevant to their field. Our continuous improvement programme requires managers and employees to review and refresh their skills on a regular basis.
In addition to mandatory training, which for our staff includes Mental Health Act, Mental Capacity, Deprivation of Liberties, Safeguarding and PMVA, our staff also have access to the following in-house training:
- Personality Disorders
- Cultural Awareness Training
- Dementia Awareness
- Autism Awareness
- Stress Management & Clinical Supervision
- Eating Disorders
- Equality Diversity & Inclusion Training
- Health and Safety at work CIEH Level 2
We ensure our clients will receive only the finest, fully trained and qualified team of registered nurses and support workers to deliver exemplary patient care. All our employees have a minimum of six months’ experience, along with two professional references, and go through a rigorous assessment and selection process. We verify all claims of experience in specialist fields.
We are also happy to integrate any site-specific training that you may require for our workforce.
Our Training Courses
Mandatory Refresher Training
(All delegates must have completed their full mandatory training within the last two-three years).
This is a Mandatory training course designed to meet annual mandatory update requirements for all nurses and care staff whether part time, full time, agency workers or independent practitioners. The course is designed to cover the requirements of varying care facilities whilst meeting their Care Quality Commission (CQC) requirements as recommended by the Government Procurement Service.
- Basic Life Support (including a practical session and assessment)
- Fire Safety Awareness
- Principles of Manual Handling (including practical session)
- Health & Safety (including RIDDOR and COSSH)
- Food Hygiene
- Infection Control (including Clostridium Difficile & MRSA awareness)
- Safeguarding Vulnerable Adults Awareness (Level 1 & 2)
- Safeguarding Vulnerable Children Awareness (Level 1 & 2)
- Conflict Management / Lone Working
PMVA / TMVA / MVA Conflict Management
Theoretical Training – Learn outcomes set down by the NHS and CFSMS
- Fire Safety
- Understanding behaviours – violence, aggression and anger
- Self-injuring behaviour
- Conflict management models/Service user perspective
- Associated risks with safe holding and restraint/Reasonable force
- Legislation (Health and Safety) Mental Capacity Act, Mental Health Act, Human Rights
- Post incident and debriefing strategies
Physical Training Skills – Low, medium and high-level disengagement strategies and breakaways
- Personal safety stance
- Defence against punches and kicks
- Clothing grab releases
- Strangles (front and rear) / Hair pulls / Bear hugs
Physical Intervention – Additional strategies
- De-escalation using physical techniques / Standing and escorting holds
- Chair work (de-escalation and restraint) / Teamwork deployment
- Clothing grab releases
- Low and high-level physical intervention techniques – floor work, doorways, corridors, stairs